Dynasty Rookie Problem

Talk about NBA Live 10 here.

Dynasty Rookie Problem

Postby Axel The Great on Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:04 am

I am doing a dynasty with the rockets, and today I went through my first draft after winning a championship. I had picks #30 and #60 (best record in the league that season). I have a problem with my first pick, Gregory Ross. When I drafted him he was a 64 overall (I think). After playing my first season game, I went to edit his shooting style (I didn't like it). When I was looking at the player ratings, he was a 92 overall!!!! I edited his ratings way down (I'm more of a realist, and let's think about, not even the #1 pick will ever have an overall that high in a video game), and what I don't understand, is most of his attributes are in the 50's/60's and he only has 2 attributes over 70, but his overall is 71!

I would like to know if this has happened to anyone, and whether or not this is a glitch.
If you're wondering the overall of the #1 pick was 70.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Re: Dynasty Rookie Problem

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:32 am

Most likely a glitch, I seem to recall a couple of other people have had similar problems. With the way the ratings system has changed a bit this year to make greater use of DNA data, it seems things like the overall rating calculation and simulated performance in Dynasty Mode were overlooked or unable to be re-worked properly with the focus on gameplay.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Axel The Great on Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:31 am

OK thanks, but one more question, would my rookie perform according to his individual attributes, or his overall?
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:00 am

Individual ratings.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby theoriginalmonkee on Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:49 pm

what may have happened is when you went to change is shooting style, you may have moved his attribute styles over to one of the preset players like garnett or allen, in dynasty mode you can cheat and upgrade any player to the level of preset players like this, and the only way to get his stats back down is to edit them in the DNA ratings editor which dosen't show all the stats, if you changed it to ray allen for instence he has quite a good shooter's mentality, which can from some reason alter a player's rating dramatically even if other ratings are not so good
theoriginalmonkee

Postby Axel The Great on Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:13 am

Yes, that makes perfect sense, I set his shooting style to match Rashard Lewis, and that's why his mid-range shooting was at 99, and his 3 pt likelihood was pretty high too (can't remember the number).
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:30 am

Good to know, good looking out on that glitch theoriginalmonkee. And welcome to the Forum. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 10