Offline season?

Talk about NBA Live 10 here.

Offline season?

Postby a!!!!1 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:18 am

Is there any way to play a regular season without having to buy an Xbox Live membership and go online and use the dynamic/dna stuff? I tried looking around for a "season" mode but the only one I found was Dynamic Season and it prompts you to buy a membership.

Also a couple quick questions:
- Can you put created players on FIBA teams?
- How do you make the quarter length longer than 4 minutes?

thanks
a!!!!1

Re: Offline season?

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:46 am

Welcome to the Forum! You certainly can play an offline season, Dynasty Mode has a "Season Mode" setting which is just a single season of offline play. You don't need to connect to the Internet to use it at all. Dynamic DNA/Dynamic Season does only require a Silver XBL Membership however, which is free.

Created players cannot be placed on FIBA teams, you can't change FIBA team rosters at all except to reorder the lineups. In the pre-game menus, the Quarter Length is one of the game settings that you can change.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby a!!!!1 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:48 pm

Cool, thanks for the help. With Dynamic Season compared to an offline season, the only difference is the rosters are updated? Also what if I've traded some players and reordered some of the rosters, will the Dynamic updates override my changes?
a!!!!1

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:24 pm

Dynamic Updates don't affect Dynasty Mode (no matter whether you're playing the 25 seasons or a single season) and you're free to make your own trades and develop players without real life performance impacting what's going on in your game. Dynamic Season is an alternative for people who want to play along with the 2009/2010 NBA season.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby a!!!!1 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:07 pm

I mean if I were to play Dynamic Season. Can I still use my custom rosters or will it download the updated ones over them?

Also, can you take custom rosters / created players into offline seasons? I started it up through Dynasty and chose Season like you said, and it had a message saying it would carry the existing rosters into season mode, but when I got there and picked my team it was the default roster not my custom roster.
a!!!!1

Postby Andrew on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:32 pm

Nope. There's no way to use custom rosters in Dynamic Season mode. That would defeat the purpose of that mode after all; it's meant for people who want to play along with the real 2009/2010 NBA season with accurate lineups and player DNA from each of the games. You have no control over player movements or anything like that, the data comes straight from the real NBA. Basically, you're either trying to re-live or re-write games in the season before playing through a (potentially different) 2010 NBA Playoffs. If it's a custom roster you want, it has to be Dynasty Mode.

The game will revert to the original rosters if you select Yes for the 2009 Draft option. Make sure that's set to No when you're starting a new Dynasty game (regular or single season mode).
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby a!!!!1 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:29 pm

Alright thanks. If you start an offline season and then at some point you reorder the rosters, will your new rosters be updated for the remaining season games or does the season continue with whatever it started with?
a!!!!1

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:59 pm

Anything you do outside a season/Dynasty has no effect on your saved game.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 10