Dynasty Mode - too many low scores on simulated games

Talk about NBA Live 10 here.

Dynasty Mode - too many low scores on simulated games

Postby hardrock90.00 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:18 am

Well, for the first time I stop to look the power rankings, and for my surprise, almost every team has a low score game in a week.
I selected the 12 min simulation, 'cause I play 12 min in Dynasty Mode, but there were a lot games that ended 56-48, 62-55, 60-53...
That's why the stats of a lot of stars players are very low.
It was disappointing and need to change. I know that low score happens, but every team with one low score game per week isn't real.
hardrock90.00

Re: Dynasty Mode - too many low scores on simulated games

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:33 am

I'd say it's a by-product of a sim engine that desperately needs fixing in NBA Live 11. I don't think it was updated in NBA Live 10 to reflect the new way player ratings are handled.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby PrinceDassyFresh on Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:11 pm

you play 12 mins? wow 6 minute quarters take me about 30 minutes to get through, cant imagine 12. You do realize you cant break any game records right?
PrinceDassyFresh

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:01 pm

Not officially, at any rate. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:59 pm

wait, you cant get records when playing 12 minute quarters?

EA has had issues with the sim engine for too many years in a row. It's time to let it be editable and sharable over their EA Locker.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:01 pm

PC version. :shifty:

JaoSming wrote:wait, you cant get records when playing 12 minute quarters?

You can, but they don't register. For example, if you score 120 points with someone it doesn't get listed anywhere.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Axel The Great on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:27 am

I one time had a low score (i played the game myself with 8 min quarters) I think it was 77-58? It was on All-Star difficulty, so I switched back to pro and put the CPU sliders to their advantage and I get scores from low 80's to high 90's, sometimes in the hundreds.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:55 am

I don't see to have any trouble getting realistic scores playing 12 minute quarters. The main issue is the CPU's ability to make blind interceptions, knock the ball loose on drive attempts and get into the lane with ease for the finish at the other end, which often erases double digit leads all too quickly.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Axel The Great on Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:21 am

With the CPU sliders to my disadvantage at pro, it's mostly the CPU leading, but I usually come back in the 4th quarter and win by 3-6 points.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:45 am

I've thought about doing that, else Pro is just too easy for my liking. The updates have skewed the difficulty of All-Star a bit too much though, the challenge coming about the wrong way.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Axel The Great on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:38 pm

When I played All-Star I was too level with every team, we would have 2-3 minutes scoring droughts every quarter, I even tried boosting the User and CPU shooting sliders but nothing. With Pro, I feel more comfortable playing, I am able to beat the easy teams, and I have to hustle to beat teams like the Cavs and the Magic.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby hardrock90.00 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:07 am

In this Dinasty Mode, I'm playing with the Hawks. I am not intended to make 50 points with Joe Johnson for example. And I don't want to try to make 120 points with just one player, 'cause I like when the game is very close to the real life.
Johnson is averaging over 26 points per game, while Horford has 12 rebounds per game and Bibby 11 assists per game.
With the updates, the game is easier right now, but with fatigue and DNA, I don't think that I can score 60 or more points with my best player in the All Star difficulty.
But all I wanted to say in the beggining of this topic, is that the game isn't real when it's simulating the matches of the teams that you don't control.
Sorry for my English. I hope that you can understand what I am trying to say.

Happy New Year!
Best wishes from Brazil.
hardrock90.00

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:42 am

You find the game to be easier on All-Star following the updates? I'm actually finding it a bit harder with the way the CPU ignores the playbook and looks to drive a little too much.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Axel The Great on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:47 am

hardrock90.00 wrote:But all I wanted to say in the beggining of this topic, is that the game isn't real when it's simulating the matches of the teams that you don't control.
Sorry for my English. I hope that you can understand what I am trying to say.

I see what you mean. In simulated games there are scores like 72-66, 68-57 etc.. The sim stats are horrible in dynasty mode especially the free throws.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby hardrock90.00 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:04 pm

Hi Andrew!

Well, since the last update, I started to win more than before.
Maybe, it's just a coincidence or maybe I'm playing a little bit better than before.
I just feel that I can win more now than before.
Probably it's because I am playing a little better, and I am more used to the new system of direct pass.
Other thing that it's very disappoint it's when you try a alley-oop and the receiver player goes in a slow motion to receive the pass...
But I still loving the game, even knowing that it could be much better.
I just want that we could do more realistic things in the game....do you think that we could do the same basket that Boston made against Miami, with just 0.6 seconds left in the game?
And the injuries...it's another thing that should change.
Let's hope that NBA Live producers read our wish list very carefully...
hardrock90.00

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:45 pm

I certainly can't rule out the possibility that my game has slipped. :) The other day I closed my Dynasty thread and said I was done but I'm thinking of giving it another go, a few frustrating games in a row certainly got to me. I still think the CPU did a better job setting up its offensive out of the box though, but I'll try some slider tweaks on the issues that bug me and we'll see. Pro's just too easy for my liking.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby bulls90s on Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:13 am

Yeah, too many low scores but there are times when the scores are too high (183-124, 168-153, 144-138). :crazyeyes:

I tend to save my dynasty when the simulated scores of other games are high rather than low (took some time though). At least 10 teams in my dynasty are averaging a 100 points or more.
bulls90s

Return to NBA Live 10