Player Injury?

Talk about NBA Live 10 here.

Player Injury?

Postby PrinceDassyFresh on Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:36 pm

You may have noticed this while playing. One of your players starts limping up the court however he is never taken out of the game or ever misses a few games due to injury. However if you'r ein Dynasty mode you see in that little news box thing players missing games due to injury...except for mine, is this something I need to fix with sliders or something? i dont want any injured players but ould be nice to get a player off the bench
PrinceDassyFresh

Re: Player Injury?

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:47 pm

No, it's an oversight in the game. It seems injuries are partially implemented as players limp and it's acknowledged in the commentary, but there are no lasting effects as in previous games. Something I hope is fixed and properly implemented in NBA Live 11 as it would be good (and realistic) to have injuries that don't have to depend on foul calls.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kenny on Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:22 pm

I was thinking about this the other day. I'm reluctant to have any injury reserve players for this reason. They're somewhat rendered useless by the fact that you never get an injury in the game. I think they might have been trying to make amends for NBA Live 06, because it seemed in that game you got a lot of injuries (at one point I was down to 8 active players). It makes the game a whole lot more interesting when you have to make do with the players that are healthy instead of always having a full complement. I'm sure that Blazers fans like it though :)
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:35 pm

I don't think it was trying to make amends, I just think injuries weren't implemented properly or not working out so they were removed (for the most part) but the "injured" animations and acknowledgement in the commentary has been left behind. Aside from the dependence on shooting fouls to trigger them, injuries were much better in NBA Live 06 as they are a part of the game and should be represented. As for their frequency, well, that's what the Injury Frequency slider was for. ;)

Come to think of it, we've lost a few sliders in recent games that would be handy in tweaking the gameplay as necessary.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby PrinceDassyFresh on Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:56 pm

its annoying more than useful, Slows my guy down, cant get back on defense. Do other players on other teams lose their injure dplayer? i never noticed
PrinceDassyFresh

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:47 pm

Not in my experience, injuries just don't register. Implemented properly, it would be quite realistic and, in my opinion, a welcome addition/improvement to the game. As it stands, it's more of an annoyance (as you noted).
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 10