[Dynasty Mode] Stats and Offseason Growth

Talk about NBA Live 10 here.

[Dynasty Mode] Stats and Offseason Growth

Postby SinDS on Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:42 am

Hey guys, it's been bothering me for a while, so I thought I'd ask:

Do a player's regular season stats (ppg, apg, rpg, etc.) affect their overall total/growth during the season/offseason?

For example: If a player averages 25ppg, and 10apg for the season, will that player improve more during the offseason than say, a player who averaged 13ppg, and 5apg? Or does that not really matter?
SinDS

Re: [Dynasty Mode] Stats and Offseason Growth

Postby davenz on Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:46 am

They should, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that they don't. From my experience they have no effect at all the players progression. Hopefully in Live 11 they weill :)
davenz

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:45 am

No, they don't. In the last gen games, a player's potential was controlled by a hidden attribute originally called CAREERPKG and more recently DESTINY. I would assume that the current gen games make use of a similar hidden attribute (possibly still labelled DESTINY), because season performance does not affect progression.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby SinDS on Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:05 am

Oh, fantastic in that case =D

I'm always worrying about getting everyone their stats so that I'm not responsible for messing up their progression, good to know I can't :P
SinDS

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:16 am

It would definitely have to be implemented properly if there was a direct relation of stats to player growth. Three point shooting has often been a weakness of mine dating all the way back to NBA Live 95, so I know I'd see a decline in my player's three point shooting abilities. Likewise, you'd have to balance it so you couldn't just take a scrub, force feed him on Rookie difficulty and make him into the league's best scorer without much effort and within a season. There'd still have to be some sort of potential rating no matter what.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby SinDS on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:13 am

I think it'd be fun to be able to see the "DESTINY" setting, or even be able to set one when creating a character.

My players would all be amazing shooters and three point shooters (I have brandon jennings leading the league in 3s made and shooting 58% from beyond the arc :P), but terrible defenders lol. I can't guard most player's grandmothers.
SinDS

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:33 pm

Agreed, I'm all for visible attributes whenever possible...especially as it pertains to the consoles, since you can't crack open the databases.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby SinDS on Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:12 am

Trading would be so much easier if we could see the "DESTINY" ratings :P
SinDS

Postby PrinceDassyFresh on Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:00 pm

dont the stats change during training?
PrinceDassyFresh

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:48 pm

Ratings do change through training, though it would seem there's no way to improve outside shooting ratings (to name one downfall). Various player attributes still govern a player's development potential however.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby PrinceDassyFresh on Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:17 am

and if Im not mistaken cant you edit a players ratings/attributes?
PrinceDassyFresh

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:00 am

You can, but you forfeit any Dynasty points that you've earned and some may view that as cheating, so it's not necessarily a desirable option.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby SHAFT23 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:11 am

i think ratings changed based on what type of shots you took and how often.......when i played live 10 dynasty i noticed shooting mid range shots made guys improve in that area but only during the offseason to the next.......i can't see how practice maeks them better, though. it shows that they go up, but you can;t really see where and in what except in dynasty player developement, but that seems random and based on playingtime.

really didn;t understand how live progression worked this year.
SHAFT23

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:44 am

I don't know about that, as far as I'm aware no game to date has taken gameplay/stats into account when developing players, it's all down to the hidden development attribute as well as the various in-season training facilities we've had in each Live beginning with NBA Live 2004.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby SHAFT23 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:31 am

i could have sworn i had players develope based on stats in live 2005, though.

in live 10 i really thought i improved shooting from mid range by shooting mid range shots and less threes.....i had morrow and he dropped in threes and went up in mid range shots.

same with sonny weems who had a drastic increase compared to others shooting from mid range, cause he was my focusplayer off the bench and wa shooting a lot.
SHAFT23

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:37 am

I'd say it's a coincidence. As I said as far as I'm aware, it's always been handled almost exclusively by the potential/development attributes with the user's influence being limited to the whatever training system is available in any given NBA Live.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 10