NBA Live 10 Second Title Update

Talk about NBA Live 10 here.

NBA Live 10 Second Title Update

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:36 am

I've just been told that the second title update for the Xbox 360 version of NBA Live 10 will be made available tomorrow. I do not have a full list of included fixes at this time, but I'm informed that it will address issues found in the first update as well as some key gameplay bugs that have been affecting online play. I'll have more information as it's made available to me.

As far as the Playstation 3 version is concerned, I'm told that users can expect the second update to arrive next week as it's still going through Sony's approval process.

UPDATE: Here are the details...

• Addressed goaltending issue to ensure that when a goaltending foul is received while blocking a dunk that the correct points are allocated.

• Addressed an issue ensuring that Ranked Online match forced to have fatigue set on.

• Fine tuned 3 point % completion rates to reduce the likelihood of successes to more realistic values

• Addressed an Injury Removal issue, where adding inured players to the starting lineup and attempting to sub them off was unsuccessful.

It also appears as though the replay and lockup issues have been resolved by the update.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NBA Live 10 Second Title Update

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:52 am

It appears as though the second update for NBA Live 10 might be out already, as I downloaded a new update when prompted earlier this evening. I've only played a quick game with the second update and I haven't got a list of all the fixes the update contains as yet, but so far it does look like the replay/lock up issues have been fixed. I'll post more information as it's made available to me, along with some detailed impressions of the second update.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ataman5 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:12 am

Well andrew thanks for the heads up; do you have info on the details of the patch yet?

According to one of the producers on the os boards, 3pt glitch and online fatigue issues have been taken care of. (Y)
ataman5

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:17 am

I haven't been given a full list as yet but I'm sure it'll land in my inbox sometime today, at which point I'll be sure to post it ASAP. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:07 am

I'm told that the full list of fixes is forthcoming. As soon as it's made available to me, I'll be sure to post it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:54 pm

For those who are unaware, the second update for NBA Live 10 is now available for the Xbox 360 version of the game and will be available for Playstation 3 users next week. I've been given a list of issues addressed by the second update, which are as follows:

• Addressed goaltending issue to ensure that when a goaltending foul is received while blocking a dunk that the correct points are allocated.

• Addressed an issue ensuring that Ranked Online match forced to have fatigue set on.

• Fine tuned 3 point % completion rates to reduce the likelihood of successes to more realistic values

• Addressed an Injury Removal issue, where adding inured players to the starting lineup and attempting to sub them off was unsuccessful.

As I mentioned in a previous post, it also appears that the replay/lockup issues have been addressed as I've yet to encounter those problems since getting the update; the post-game replay list is also once again working properly. I've also been informed that certain issues could not be addressed by via an update this year but have been placed on the list of fixes for NBA Live 11. I'll post some more detailed impressions of the game following the second update here on the NLSC very soon.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby SinDS on Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:03 pm

I wonder how dramatic the 3-point % change is.
SinDS

Postby ThaLiveKing on Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:54 am

Ever since they patched this game up, I'm not even enjoying this shit anymore
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:27 pm

Still making up my mind (impressions still to come) but so far the second update seems to have fixed up a few issues seemingly caused by the first.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Playstation 3 2nd Patch is released.

Postby Arcane on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:11 pm

I just downloaded and installed the 2nd patch for NBA Live 10 for PS3. I thought I would inform you all it is available to download now.
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:20 pm

Good news. (Y) Merged the thread in with this one as two might get a bit confusing. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:26 pm

ThaLiveKing wrote:Ever since they patched this game up, I'm not even enjoying this shit anymore

The more I play with the second update, the more I'm inclined to agree. Something not quite right, it's receiving high praise over at OS but as I understand it a lot of folks over there have migrated to Pro difficulty while I'm still trying to play on All-Star. Perhaps Pro difficulty with slider tweaks is the way to go, I gave it a try last night without tweaks and it was just too easy, where All-Star has become harder with unstoppable drives by the CPU. I really feel there's a lot of things that should've just been left alone, aside from a couple of fixes I would have to say I prefer the game out of the box.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby killaray96 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:35 am

i hope next update will stop the auto subbin in tp games.
killaray96

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:18 am

I don't think there's going to be a third update.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby killaray96 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:03 am

oh well.. is there a way to take off auto subs in teamplay games??
killaray96

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:08 am

I'm not sure to be honest, outside the series with Pdub I haven't played online much this year but I'm guessing there has to be a manual/auto toggle somewhere in that mode too.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Arcane on Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:00 pm

The proper 1.02 patch for PS3 is now released.
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:40 am

Good news, thanks for the heads up. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby SinDS on Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:17 pm

Andrew wrote:
ThaLiveKing wrote:Ever since they patched this game up, I'm not even enjoying this shit anymore

The more I play with the second update, the more I'm inclined to agree. Something not quite right, it's receiving high praise over at OS but as I understand it a lot of folks over there have migrated to Pro difficulty while I'm still trying to play on All-Star. Perhaps Pro difficulty with slider tweaks is the way to go, I gave it a try last night without tweaks and it was just too easy, where All-Star has become harder with unstoppable drives by the CPU. I really feel there's a lot of things that should've just been left alone, aside from a couple of fixes I would have to say I prefer the game out of the box.

What's OS?

And then would you not recommend playing on Superstar? I've been playing All-Star for a while now and I seem to be doing fairly well so I was going to bump it to Superstar.
SinDS

Postby Arcane on Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:30 pm

OS = Operation Sports another sports gaming website.

http://www.operationsports.com/
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:01 pm

SinDS wrote:And then would you not recommend playing on Superstar? I've been playing All-Star for a while now and I seem to be doing fairly well so I was going to bump it to Superstar.

By all means give it a try, but you might find yourself going back to All-Star and looking at tweaking the sliders to give yourself more of a challenge. I can only speak for myself though, you might find you prefer Superstar difficulty.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 10