NBA Live 10 Q&A Thread

Talk about NBA Live 10 here.

NBA Live 10 Q&A Thread

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:00 pm

Since I've got my hands on the game, I'm opening up the floor to questions. I'll do my best to answer to them. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NBA Live 10 Q&A Thread

Postby kobe4mvp on Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:33 pm

Hey Andrew, I was just wondering how are the summed stats? Are they as bad as everones been saying? I am a really big dynasty guy so I really need to know if this games worth it. if the stats can be fixed then I'll probably buy, but as of right now it's looking to be a rent for me. Alright thanks a lot.
kobe4mvp

Postby tracy1mcgrady4life on Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:49 pm

can we play multiplayer in season mode,dynasty mode or whatever??
T-MAC TO THE RACK!!!
tracy1mcgrady4life

Postby TimX5 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:12 pm

how do I put a created player on the FIBA teams!? (desperately want to make Sofoklis Schortsanitis for Greece, he's not there...)

general note on the game... ridiculous amount of no brainer player features missing.... pathetic effort imo...
TimX5

Postby POLISH_BOY on Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:19 pm

I think that I know the answer for my question , but still I want to ask you : Can we finally add players from National Teams to NBA teams ?
POLISH_BOY

Postby JaoSming on Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:25 pm

In dynasty, have they changed anything from the 09 NBA Academy's?

Is there regular OTP along with Live Run?

Is the stripped down Be A Pro mode still there?

Scenario mode still there?

Any changes as to what we can share in our EA Lockers? Last year it was a max of 10 items, and limited to Settings/Sliders, Rosters, CAPs, Scenarios.

And finally how is the post game replay wrap up?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Hotwater10 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:25 pm

Why is the Pistons blue jerseys look like the wrong blue?
I do videos for NBA Live and all sorts of games! Check me out!

http://www.youtube.com/UnbeatableJacob
Hotwater10

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:41 pm

kobe4mvp wrote:Hey Andrew, I was just wondering how are the summed stats? Are they as bad as everones been saying? I am a really big dynasty guy so I really need to know if this games worth it. if the stats can be fixed then I'll probably buy, but as of right now it's looking to be a rent for me. Alright thanks a lot.

Yes, simulated stats are worse than last year. Last year they were decent enough on the 360 but this year they're...well, they're awful really. If they don't fix them, I'm not sure Dynasty Mode will be very popular this year.

tracy1mcgrady4life wrote:can we play multiplayer in season mode,dynasty mode or whatever??

You can only select one team to control. However, a second player can join in and either control your opponent or be your teammate. That's the extent of the multiplayer functions in Dynasty Mode.

TimX5 wrote:how do I put a created player on the FIBA teams!? (desperately want to make Sofoklis Schortsanitis for Greece, he's not there...)

You can't, unfortunately. FIBA teams can't be edited beyond reordering the roster.

POLISH_BOY wrote:I think that I know the answer for my question , but still I want to ask you : Can we finally add players from National Teams to NBA teams ?

No, we can't.

JaoSming wrote:In dynasty, have they changed anything from the 09 NBA Academy's?

Is there regular OTP along with Live Run?

Is the stripped down Be A Pro mode still there?

Scenario mode still there?

Any changes as to what we can share in our EA Lockers? Last year it was a max of 10 items, and limited to Settings/Sliders, Rosters, CAPs, Scenarios.

And finally how is the post game replay wrap up?

The Academy is pretty much the same. We can only run training sessions at the beginning of the year and at the beginning of each month. Once again it also comes into play when scouting rookies. There's a new 1 on 1 Defense drill that's alright (at least I don't remember it being in the game last year) and the rebounding drills are a lot more bearable because that element of the game is better and you can actually box out and jump for the board.

Regular OTP is still there, but there's no clubs. They've been replaced by Brotherhoods, which are for Live Run only.

No, Be a Pro Mode is completely gone. We've got Dynasty Mode, Dynamic Season, the various online modes and the FIBA World Championship. That's it this year.

Scenario Mode is also gone.

We can share Settings, Rosters and Created Players, same as last year. We're able to set access for them though: Public, Private or Friends Only. So it looks like we can at least share rosters without people having to add us first which will make things a little easier.

Post game and presentation throughout the game is pretty good, you get a fair amount of highlight reels during stoppages that highlight different aspects like three point shooting, bench scoring and the like with a few comments from Marv and Steve. You also get a list of all the replays that appeared in the highlight reels and are able to view, edit and save them in the post game which is a nice feature.

Hotwater10 wrote:Why is the Pistons blue jerseys look like the wrong blue?

That's not really the type of question I can answer, sorry.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby tracy1mcgrady4life on Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:59 pm

andrew,since they we didn't saw him in the top 10 SGs in the game,can you tell me what's McGrady's overall ratings??
T-MAC TO THE RACK!!!
tracy1mcgrady4life

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:02 pm

He's an 80 overall in the default rosters.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:46 pm

thanks man, too bad for player lock people

since they got rid of the Dunk Contest, 3pt Contest, Be a Pro and Scenerio, am I safe to assume they axed the Pick 'em mode too? The one that is like a fantasy draft for that one game?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:47 pm

Actually they do have that, but now it's called Fantasy Teams.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby The X on Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:17 pm

Sucks that sim stats are no good. My main mode is Dynasty Mode, so I'm thinking I'll give NBA Live '10 a miss unless it can miraculously be fixed by a patch. Nice that they including New Zealand, but not enough to justify spending $100 for. I was hoping that Dynasty mode would at least be playable despite being thin on features. Sucks that you can't edit FIBA mode beyond roster re-order, as it takes away a bit of what can make the mode a nice little side exhibition distraction every now & then.

I'm thinking my bball purchase this year will actually be NCAA Basketball 2010, since I'm still undecided on NBA 2k10. Ahh well, I believe NBA Live 2011 & 2012 are going to be what catapults the series back to the top.

But since this is a Q&A, I might ask a few questions that'll help out some of the others:

1. How's CPU AI Trade Logic in Dynasty Mode?
2. Do teams tend to play like you would expect them to (e.g. GSW shot-happy, Spurs more half court)?
3. How do other team's star players go? Hard to contain? Does the CPU look for them?
4. Is there a noticeable PG dominance?
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby bksboywonder1 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:34 pm

Andrew I’m still in the mist of making a decision and wanted to know if they fix the AI when you’re locked on one player. Does the CPU (teammates) make passes and shoot on their own?

Is there an upload picture feature on the create a player options?

Thanks again
bksboywonder1

Postby Sid23 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:10 am

Hi Andrew,

What FIBA teams have been included? Is it just the teams who played at the last world championships/Olympics?
Sid23

Postby mrnatural on Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:25 am

Andrew - apologies cause this is a PS3 newbie question. First year playing on PS3... Now my question:

Is there a way to save a playoff bracket in progress (on a usb drive) and then load the saved playoff bracket on to another PS3. My friends and I run tournaments/playoffs for bragging rights and we used to always save on the PS2 Memory card and continue another time, or at another friend's house.
mrnatural

Postby JaoSming on Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:43 am

for a PS3 version, yea I'm pretty sure you can do that.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby ataman5 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:45 am

Which international teams are in the game? Can you make a list of 24 teams if you have time, thnx a lot in advance.
ataman5

Postby JaoSming on Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:57 am

dude? seriously?

A list of FIBA Teams (and their rosters) in NBA Live 10
viewtopic.php?f=108&t=69167
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby ataman5 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:58 am

JaoSming wrote:dude? seriously?

A list of FIBA Teams (and their rosters) in NBA Live 10
viewtopic.php?f=108&t=69167

Yeah yeah i saw it later, my mistake, i was trying to delete it if only you wouldn't send your post man:)
ataman5

Postby toyotascionxd on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:30 am

Can you know play season mode on Live 2010. last year whenever I selected Season mode, it seems that the CPU is doing all the non realistic trades. I tried modifying the settings and the cpu still screws up the season by making those stupid trades. If that's the case then I won't buy this game at all. I've been an nba live fan through the years. Sad to say when I started playing 2k9 that made me less interested in this game.
toyotascionxd

Postby tracy1mcgrady4life on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:58 pm

andrew,
can you tell me what the heck is wrong with the "Shooter's Mentality" rating??
T-MAC TO THE RACK!!!
tracy1mcgrady4life

Postby nivlag3 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:14 am

hi, this is my first post here..

my question is, if there is a way that we could switch the user control to none when playing games in dynasty mode?

what I usually do when playing dynasty mode is that i do a player lock and whenever that player sits down i just let the cpu vs cpu continue the game.

Thanks..
nivlag3

Postby lexcoupe2100 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:13 am

Are you able to play fewer games in a dynasty mode? Like 29 instead of 82?
lexcoupe2100

Postby dshibshm on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:07 am

Maybe the intros for the starting lineups.

But why are 3point and dunk contests out?
dshibshm

Next

Return to NBA Live 10