this is why nba live 10 sucks!!!! :shock:

Talk about NBA Live 10 here.

this is why nba live 10 sucks!!!! :shock:

Postby dennis09 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:36 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B4VmaJS ... re=related
you look at this vid
between 2:39 and 2:40 you look at DH how did he make his windmill dunks
its still the same from the last years windmill wtf!!!
thats why i hate this game coz it has not yet fix or even redone this year and from the past years
even if mike wang is theyre huh
mike wang did not yet knows about the whole information of 2k
now I seee hahahaha
Live10 down (N) 2k10 up (Y) :bowdown:]
lol and you look at at 3:17 at the vid kobe got the same shot from the last years :shock:
dennis09

Re: this is why nba live 10 sucks!!!! :shock:

Postby JaoSming on Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:07 pm

that windmill was in the PC versions of Live, as far back as 06

in one of 2k's interviews they acknowledge that Wang left early in the 2k9 dev cycle so he doesnt know anything about what is in or behind 2k10 and also they recently fessed up that 2k9 featured animations from 2k6 and that in 2k10 they will still be using animations from 2k8. It really isn't a big deal.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby STOMPTHECOURT23 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:11 am

i personaly think they did a way better job with live this year, and just so you know i have never liked a live game. i think the shooting is alot nicer, if were on pc i would play it.
[url][URL=http://img193.imageshack.us/my.php?image=405495i255photobucketco.gif]Image[/url]
[/url]
STOMPTHECOURT23

Postby Null17 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:43 am

OMG! A game I haven't played yet is gonna suck because they rehashed an animation from a trailer I saw. :roll:
Null17

Postby J@3 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:56 am

THEY DID WHAT!????
J@3

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:38 pm

We should get a discount for buying material that we already own from previous games.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Arcane on Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:01 pm

Don't worry that windmill dunk will be removed when the patch is released. There are apparently only 4-5 older dunk animations in NBA Live 10 and can be requested to be removed.
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member

Postby J@3 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:47 pm

I am slightly concerned that a patch was announced like a day after the demo was released.
J@3

Postby Arcane on Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:51 pm

I think it was to be expected though that there would be a patch I think Live 09 had one in the works pretty quickly as well.
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member

Postby Blazers21NTNP on Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:59 pm

Trying to read & comprehend what you posted sucks.
Blazers21NTNP

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:08 pm

Null17 wrote:OMG! A game I haven't played yet is gonna suck because they rehashed an animation from a trailer I saw. :roll:

Exactly.

I still find the early mention of a patch encouraging. I guess on one hand it would suggest a lot of issues but I like their willingness to address the finer details based on feedback about the demo so soon after the release and having played the demo, I have high hopes that the full version will deliver as I'm hoping it will. It's also encouraging to hear that something can be done about some of these issues such as dunks we don't think look right, quirks with the player celebrations or even the absence of a control feature (in this case backdown). I'd rather those issues be acknowledged now and a patch be in the works for a sooner release after the game is out, rather than having to wait and get by with those issues in the meantime.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby J@3 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:22 am

The positive is that they are willing to fix things... the negative is that there are issues with the game important enough to warrant a patch, after people have only played a demo. It sort of makes me wonder, if people are picking up problems with a demo that lets you play only one game with two specific teams and limited levels of customization with the settings etc, what on Earth could be wrong with the rest of it?
J@3

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:35 am

Good point, but I guess it depends on the issues themselves. As a fanbase we can, after all, get very nitpicky and geeky about some of these things...as we should, since it's in our best interests to voice our opinions. Whether or not too many players using the "skipping" celebration animation is a problem major enough to warrant a patch is open to debate, though if they're going to make a patch to add a backdown control based on user response and desire they might as well fix the finer details too.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby AMenace on Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:37 pm

It's not good that there is a patch so soon.

Who knows what is wrong with the final game...
#thereturn
AMenace
A comeback??
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:15 am

gangsta4life wrote:It's not good that there is a patch so soon.

I disagree. Like I said, you have to look at the issues they're talking about patching so far. Removing a couple of dunks that people don't like, getting rid of the skipping celebration (or restricting its usage to certain players) and adding a backdown control. Of those issues, only one is particularly serious and if it's patched then it's a non-issue.

If they hadn't mentioned a patch already, people would be saying things like "Oh they won't release any updates and fix these issues, they don't care." I mean, I do get the skepticism and I can't blame you for feeling that way, but I think whichever way they handled official updates - either mentioning them early or not talking about them until the game is released - they'll be criticised for it. I'd rather know that they're open to the feedback and that details like that can be patched. And if they can release a fix based on some issues with the demo, so much the better as hopefully that means a shorter wait for the official update following the release of the full version.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Maek on Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:11 pm

The moment they said they wouldn't release any PC version last year, they've already pissed me off.
Now I'm wondering how others lie to themselves playing Live 09 or this year's version in PS3 or 360.
I can't see why, when 2K9 has proven to be more superior.

Sorry guys!
"I believe that he who has less in life should have more in law."
President Ramon Magsaysay
August 31, 1907 - March 17, 1957
Maek

Postby AMenace on Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:15 pm

Andrew wrote:
gangsta4life wrote:It's not good that there is a patch so soon.

I disagree. Like I said, you have to look at the issues they're talking about patching so far. Removing a couple of dunks that people don't like, getting rid of the skipping celebration (or restricting its usage to certain players) and adding a backdown control. Of those issues, only one is particularly serious and if it's patched then it's a non-issue.

If they hadn't mentioned a patch already, people would be saying things like "Oh they won't release any updates and fix these issues, they don't care." I mean, I do get the skepticism and I can't blame you for feeling that way, but I think whichever way they handled official updates - either mentioning them early or not talking about them until the game is released - they'll be criticised for it. I'd rather know that they're open to the feedback and that details like that can be patched. And if they can release a fix based on some issues with the demo, so much the better as hopefully that means a shorter wait for the official update following the release of the full version.

You have some good points there. I would rather they release a patch than not, but I just was a bit concerned about how soon it happened.
#thereturn
AMenace
A comeback??
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:37 pm

I don't blame you, like I said I can see where you and others are coming from. I'm just not sure there's a good approach for them that won't leave people feeling skeptical and that's fair enough, I'm certain that all of us who have any inclination to get the game want it to deliver the goods.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 10