Back in NBA 2K12, I made a Randomizer Roster using Microsoft Excel to randomize several values and REDitor to import these values into a roster file. I revisited my Excel file and made several different tweaks to make the resulting players a bit more accurate while still being strange and fun to play with. In this mod, you should see the following things:
- Random names created using the First/Last names within 2K's name pool.
- Random heights/weight that are fairly realistic for their positions, although their will always be outliers.
- Completely random appearances using Create-a-Player values.
- Random skills and tendencies for every player.
- All players will have exactly two random signature skills.
- Every single animation has been randomized including the pre-game animations and celebrations.
This roster is perfect for those who want a break from their normal associations and want to mess around with a generic league filled with players with strange skill sets and animations. This is only the first roster I've generated but I am looking to generate a few more so that the experience never gets stale.
The process isn't perfect, so let me know if you see any strange bugs in your roster file.